Saturday, March 5, 2011

Take a Look at Yourself and then Make a Change (MJ, of course)

I have been debating on if I should post on the weekends or not-- I didn't last weekend, but decided that I would today. Putting my thoughts out really makes me have a better day-- and I hope, even on the weekend, will help improve someone else's day or mindset!

Today, there will be no challenges (it is Saturday, after-all), just a little bit of reflection.

Coffee is my caffeine addiction. It is great any time of day and I never get tired of it... That's the one thing that I really have to focus on moderating and typically over-indulge anyway. Now, International Delights makes a Hershey's Chocolate Carmel Creamer. Can we just say that coffee is even better now? A simple thing, like a flavored creamer I had never tried before, took my favorite beverage and made it into something even better... and a simple change was all it took! (See, there is a point to my coffee talk...)

Why don't you focus on being the simple change in someone's life? Maybe you smile at a stranger... Maybe you let a car out in front of you... Maybe you let someone with fewer items go ahead of you at the grocery store... Or maybe you take time to really listen to a friend without pretending to have all the answers (advice is good, but sometimes people just need to talk themselves through a situation and really just want you to listen). Whatever it is, be the simple change in someone's day. That's not a challenge necessarily-- just what my coffee made me think of this morning!


For those of you reading this who don't personally know me, I am going to use today's post as a way for you to paint a picture in your mind of who I am... by using pictures of some of the people that are important to me. We will start by introducing my family...

This is my Daddy. I am 24 years old and have never referred to him as anything else. He is a hard worker and a great man and will always take the time to help anyone he can. He has always believed in me and motivated me to be the best person I can possibly be. I have always been, and will always be, Daddy's little girl.



This is my mom. She has also always supported me and wanted me to be the best person I can be. She is someone that will tell me something that I don't want to hear if she knows it will push me in the right direction. Just like my daddy, she has never missed anything that I have decided to be a part of.
This is my little sister and one of my best friends. I am 5 years older than her, but we have a connection and a friendship that no other friend-relationship can compare to. We drive each other crazy and make each other mad at times--but at the end of the day, we are still some of each other's biggest fans.

This is my little brother (but as you can see, I am the short one of the family). He has possibly the biggest heart of anyone I have ever met-- but he doesn't want you to see it. As the boy, he doesn't stay in-touch as much as the other members of the family do-- but if I needed something, he'd be one of the first people here.



No comments:

Post a Comment