Friday, March 11, 2011

"If we couldn't laugh we would all go Insane." (Jimmy Buffett)

Have you noticed that the more positive changes you begin to make in your life, the more you want to do? How awesome is that?! And, have you also noticed, that the more positive you are, the more encouraging those around you become? What a great cycle... make changes and have a positive attitude and the positivity spreads!

Has anyone found something in their community to get involved in? If you haven't, I urge you to. I know time is valuable-- but it is amazing how much you get out of your time when you are using it to help those around you and make the world a better place! If you don't know of somewhere to volunteer, ask those around you-- I am sure they can come up with something for you (maybe they even need help themselves)!

Today, we are going to take a break from the challenges... everyone has worked hard this week and I think deserves a Friday to relax! Of course, even though there are no new challenges today-- all of the ones from the past are still valid and ongoing! If there are things you haven't gotten around to yet-- use today to get them done! Not only do I challenge everyone to do certain things-- I follow the challenges myself. I promise they make a change and have a huge impact in my daily life and routine.

Some examples of how my life has been changing since I started this blog (thanks to yall for reading and holding me accountable)!
--I have stuck to my daily readings and have been sure to get up early enough to have my day started on the right foot. For me, that makes a HUGE difference. I am not a morning person--at all--so, getting up early was hard for me initially. But, once I got in the habit of it has become something that I absolutely can't do without.
--I carry my Bible with me absolutely everywhere I go-- If I get stressed or frustrated with something throughout the day-- I open it and read. All the verses mentioned in this blog have been directly related to what I have read or focused on that day.
--Chad and I have both started to get more actively involved in the church and the community. We are looking for a small group at our church to start attending-- and I have found a Wednesday night women's meeting with a friend's church. I am also working with the outreach team from my church and we are collecting food in our office to feed 54 elementary school students. As I have become more involved, I have started to get more emails and encouragement from the other members of the church. Encouragement really does go a long way!!
--I have talked to my friends from home and from college a lot more often-- making time for the important things.
--Chad and I have devoted more time to spend with each other--making time for the important things again-- and our relationship continues to grow and even get better!
--I have sent messages to people I have lost contact with-- have heard back from some, and not from others--but reaching out still helps!
--Diet and exercise are and have been on point-- but I am continuing to work on my routine and have been talking to more people about living a healthy lifestyle!

Hope you are all noticing some positive changes in your life, as well!
"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -E.E Cummings

No comments:

Post a Comment