Friday, March 4, 2011

My Granny Always Said...

Did everyone take advantage of rewarding themselves yesterday? I know I did! After leaving the office, Chad and I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant in South Park... It's delicious every time and last night was no different!

Today, let's focus on patience! My Granny always said, "Patience is a virtue," and is still very much something I am learning to be better at everyday!

"Be patient with each other, making allowance for each other's faults because of your love." Ephesians 4:2 (NLT)

Nutrition Challenge:
At this point, I believe this is Day 9 of the challenges. Is anyone noticing differences in how they feel or even how they look yet? Be patient... Changes take time! The reason a lot of people give up so quickly is because we live in an, "instant gratification," type society... The changes will happen-- you just have to stick to it and know that it will happen. Combining nutrition, fitness, inspiration and positive thinking is a winning situation for every aspect of your life!
Today-- We are adding some fats! Yep... You read that correctly.
Start to add: avocados, olive oil, coconut oil, nuts (almonds and walnuts are best), seeds and salmon.Omega3 supplements are also good.
These are healthy fats that will combat inflammation (swelling) in the body AND actually help your body burn fat. A deficiency (not enough) in fat actually causes your body to hold on to more fat. Healthy fat is awesome for cardiovascular health and for those with cholesterol issues. Fat also makes you feel fuller for a longer period of time--which will reduce food cravings.
I could go more into depth into this topic-- but I will leave it at that. In following posts, I will give you some of the recipes I like to use-- so stock your pantry! If you have any questions, you can always email me at: betteru4life@yahoo.com

Fitness Challenge:
Again-- Be patient! You are on the road to success by incorporating a fitness routine into your day... Visible changes take time!
We are going to do some, "circuit," type training today by combining the exercises we have previously learned.
Start off by warming up-- just your basic walking will work!
After your warm up, do 10 lunges with each leg (just like we learned yesterday).
Immediately go into crunches-- with a stability ball or without-- and give me 30.
As soon as you are done with the crunches, walk for 2 minutes and then give me 1 minute of all out effort. Cool down for 2 minutes.
For a greater challenge and more intense workout, repeat 2 to 3 times.
*Focus on your form during the crunch and the lunge... We will be adding more advanced versions soon!

Out of Your Comfort Zone:
We are focusing on patience today because I woke up this morning knowing I would need it. Sometimes you encounter incredibly challenging people-- and today, I wanted to work on my patience level. I still have work to do... but I am getting better. Today, tomorrow or whatever day it might be for you--when someone challenging comes into you life-- take a deep breath, smile and get through it. Focus on the Bible verse from above--Ephesians 4:2-- and know that the difficult people are placed in your life or in your daily routine to make you stronger. You can get through any challenging circumstance-- just lean on God and remember he is in control!

Change Your Thinking:
Chad and I both have a problem with letting stress-- or the need to control a situation-- get the best of us. Not so much in our relationship, but definitely in the office. We both put so much work in-- especially him, he is the hardest worker I know-- and it can be frustrating when things don't go as planned; when patients are late and disrupt the schedule of the day, when the printer jams, or a variety of other things that we had not planned on when discussing the day. But, we have to do what we can and not let the external factors or the things out of our control disrupt our focus.
Luckily, we have each other for support. Plus, we have the support of our families and even Chad's amazingly encouraging business coach.
Today, when things don't go as planned or you see someone else have their day get off track, be an encourager. Whether you are encouraging yourself or those around you-- it will have a difference and make an impact. Sometimes a kind word can make all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment