Monday, April 18, 2011

So Proud

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and has been able to enjoy spring thus far! Chad and I had a conference in Atlanta all weekend... it was a lot of great information and I am glad we went, but still made for a long weekend! On Friday we went to Athens where we were able to see my family (mom, dad, sister, aunt, uncle, cousins) and then Saturday morning--bright and early-- we headed for Atlanta. The conference was all day Saturday and half the day Sunday... and then we headed back home!

While at the conference, Chad and I each won an award. His was, "The Hawk Award," for standing out among his peers for demonstrating the qualities and dedication that success and helping others requires (obviously I am very proud of him). Mine was, "The Sunshine Award," for demonstrating the qualities of being a consistently positive influence (pretty sure he's proud of me, too).

The greatest part of the conference-- even more than the information-- was being around a group of people who are so one fire about what they do and so thankful to God for allowing them to be in the positions they are in. Yep, that's right-- at a Chiropractic Conference, everyone who spoke referenced the Bible and there own experiences with God's grace-- it was amazing!!

Also, I said that I would keep everyone in the loop on the books I read. So, EVERYONE needs to read, "The Shack," by WM. Paul Young. I read most of it on Thursday-- and then put it down until last night (it was SO GOOD that I didn't want to finish it-- so I put off reading the last 2 chapters). It was incredibly written with a wonderful plot and storyline. I have read a lot of books and this is BY FAR the best one I have ever experienced (yes, experienced-- it goes far beyond simply reading). Read it... you won't regret it! It is about tragedy hitting a family and the unique healing process one man goes through (of course by reading the book and understanding the concepts, you figure out that the healing process he experiences is available to each and every one of us...). Again, read it. That's all I am going to say-- I don't want to ruin one single page of this amazing book for you! It is so good that Chad and I have two copies of it-- one to keep and one to loan out to others! I just gave Sarah a copy of it today and I can't wait to hear her thoughts on it!

The posts from last Monday and Tuesday have so many fitness and nutrition tips that I am going to let you keep experimenting with them before I throw more out to you--- there is a lot of information in those two entries, so if you haven't read them yet and are looking for tips, please check them out!

But-- going along with fitness and nutrition-- let me just tell you that after this past weekend, I have been a slug. During breaks at the conference, they provided chips, candy, cookies, soda and anything else you can think of that I don't typically eat. And let me just say that today and getting back to my normal routine has been a challenge... I have had zero energy all day! If you don't think what you put into your body matters, stray from your healthy routine for a day or two. You will really see the difference it makes!!

A quote from the conference that I want you to think about... "What is loved grows." (funny side note--as soon as the speaker said that Chad looked at me and said, "I guess that means I'm making you taller.")

But really--think about that quote! What you love gets most of your time and energy-- and therefore has the ability to grow! Make sure that in your life, what you love is worthy of it and a healthy way to spend your energy! Be sure to never let anything come above your relationship with God--because that is the most important of all and will influence everything else you do! As a wise man, Pastor Derwin Gray, said, "The most important thought we can ever have is what we think about God." Meaning, what we think about God will influence what we think about everything else!!

--Oh and PS, no matter how proud I am of Chad for all he is doing and accomplishing in his life, it can never compare to the love and appreciation God has for you! Wow!!

And for more information on, "The Shack," simply click the image below!!


No comments:

Post a Comment