Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Open Your Heart (and see what happens!)

This morning started off like most days do... not wanting to get up when the alarm went off, but dragging myself out of bed to get to day started anyway. Then, my devotional out of my Women's Devotional Book to get the day started on the right track-- I shared some of that with you yesterday, but they are always wonderful. Plus, the other day, I downloaded a Bible app on my iPhone... it's pretty great, too (and it's free, so search it on your phone if you have the ability to download apps) and has devotions and daily reading plans. So, I spent a little time with the app and my Bible before heading to the office to start the day. It was off to a great start (after the hard part of getting out of bed)!

Then, I got to the office and.... it got even better! Chad asked me if I had my Bible with me-- and I did-- so, before the workday began, we sat in the back office reading scripture together. It was wonderful! If you don't share a time like that with your significant other, I sincerely recommend it. Chad is a strong Christian man who is always willing to dive into scripture... but even if your significant other isn't, who knows what God will do with that time you share! Try it!

Since then, we have seen patients and done a health screening for a community service event (raising money for Children's Miracle Network) and are now back to seeing patients... the workday will come to a close with a Health Transformation Workshop from 6 to 7pm. It's definitely a long day, but when it gets started off so wonderfully, the length doesn't matter!

At the screening today, we met an awesome man who talked to us for a while about the ministry work he has been doing at a local place (I have been trying to find it online to get involved, but so far haven't been able to find it--because I don't remember the name)-- it sounds amazing! I love meeting people in the community like that who are striving to make the world a better place and excited to share their passion with others. It's always neat to me to hear the stories complete strangers will share-- and sometimes, those stories are the most uplifting!

We have also had the pleasure to meet an amazing man who is very involved in a local orphanage as well as orphanages overseas... He has given us an opportunity to come in and meet the kids and we can't wait to get as involved with that as they will let us!

The point of those two stories is to encourage you to keep your eyes and ears open... opportunities to get involved in something you are passionate about are all around you (and sometimes, it will be a complete stranger to tell you about it)!

I don't know how the weather is where you are right now... but, if it is nice, I encourage you to get outside and enjoy it today! We have found a lot of parks and places to jog lately... and if you have places like that, go out and do some sprints! Yes, they are intense... but, they are a great way to be outside and still get interval-type training in! All you need is a flat piece of ground to run on (or you can go up a hill, if you are feeling very extreme today)!

I just re-ordered supplements for Chad and myself today. For your nutrition challenge, take a seriously look at your diet and see what you are missing. Do you eat enough fruit and vegetables? Do you get enough fiber? Are there vitamins or other trace minerals you might be lacking? To make up for the deficits, either change your diet... or get a supplement to help you! I take a Omega-3 fish oil--- Chad prefers the liquid Cod Liver Oil. For headaches, I take a combination of: Feverfew, B2 and Magnesium. We both take a whole-foods multi-vitamin. Of course, the exact things you need might vary... but, a good Omega-3 and whole-foods vitamin is great for everyone (whole-foods because it is easier for your body to absorb). Nordic Naturals is a great brand for your omegas... Swanson Vitamins also has great products, if you prefer to order online (that's what I did today)!

The challenges today aren't labeled for you, but they are all there! See what the best fit for your life is... find what you are passionate about... and start living to your full potential!

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21 (NIV)

1 comment: