Monday, May 23, 2011

Summer is Here... and I Love It!

Summer is my favorite time of year. It is a time where, to me, the world seems to slow down and become slightly less hectic. No, that isn't always the reality of the situation... but I love the weather and the beauty surrounding me so much that the tasks and schedules don't seem to bother me. It is virtually impossible to stress me out during the summer. And the reality lately is that things are probably more hectic in the summer, not less!
In addition to the daily responsibilities, summer also brings about family vacations and other reasons to enjoy the great outdoors. Summer makes me want to cookout and go to the pool and attend as many concerts as possible. Summer makes me want to have sand between my toes and nothing but water in the horizon. But, the beauty of summer also soothes me and makes all the demands seem very easily manageable. More than anything, I would assume that's a mindset thing. Sunshine makes me happy... Summer makes me mentally slow down and be thankful. Summer is a relaxing time for me.

This summer Chad and I have the daily responsibilities of the office. We are going on vacation with my family next month. I am hoping to take a weekend trip with some of my girlfriends. I am taking a class. And, I am completely excited about every single aspect of it.

Summer also brings about a time where people are more conscious of their bodies... So, with that being said, I am going to bring back some of the fitness and nutrition tips you will find in the earlier entries (new tips, same concept).

A great exercise for the summer is swimming laps. I usually don't get in the pool with a set number of laps to swim, but just swim and enjoy it. It's a great workout and you can make it fun! Plus, swimming is easy on your joints and you get to enjoy the coolness of the pool in contrast to the heat outside! An added bonus is the vitamin d you will be able to get from the sun at the same time!

Another way to get some activity into your daily routine is to recruit a friend to enjoy the great outdoors with. Go for a hike... go for a jog.... take the dog on a walk... take the kids to the park... pack a healthy picnic lunch and hike to the perfect spot to enjoy it. The point-- exercise doesn't have to be (and shouldn't be) something that you dread. Find something that works for you and make the most of it!

Staying hydrated will be increasingly important as you spend more time in the heat-- so remember to increase your water intake (which will also help you be healthier)!

No comments:

Post a Comment