Monday, May 9, 2011

Living Inside Out.

This weekend was wonderful. It started on Saturday morning with attending the Women of Purpose event at Sarah's church. It was great to hear the ladies speak and to get to know some of the ladies Sarah attends church with (Sarah's husband is a pastor at a church in Pineville and I love going to some of the events)! They have a really active Women's Ministry-- events, book clubs and stuff like that-- I really enjoy it!

The Women of Purpose event was from 10:30 to 1:30; after that, Chad and I went to the SC Strawberry Festival for a little while. There were a lot of people out there and a few interesting vendors... We didn't stay long, but it was nice to enjoy some time outside with no real agenda!

After the SC Strawberry Festival, we headed to a church in Lancaster for a cookout. One of our patients had invited us to join him and his family at a cookout their church was having... it was nice and I am glad we went! Everyone sat around talking and eating and then headed in for a brief message from the pastor and then sang worship songs! We were there from 5 til a little after 8...and by that point, I was exhausted! Of course, the playoffs are on... so we still had to watch some basketball when we got home!

Sunday I was lazy and we went to the 11am service instead of the 9am service we typically attend. It was phenomenal... Very powerful message and I encourage all of you to listen on the website or listen to the podcast. You won't be sorry! www.tc521.org.

After church, we of course called our moms to wish them a Happy Mother's Day. The rest of the day was spent in the backyard reading and relaxing. It was a beautiful day and I couldn't think of a better way to spend it! Then, you guessed it, more basketball (and I must say it, way to go Hawks!!)!

It was a great weekend... and exactly what I needed!

Oh and ps-- a way to entertain yourself and start Monday morning on a funny note-- turn on the voice recorder of your phone and record yourself singing the next song to come on the radio. Then play it back. This morning I got an interesting, "remix," of, "Tim McGraw," by Taylor Swift.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One of the reasons I enjoy the Women of Purpose events is because it gives me a chance to meet and speak to other women. The book clubs are great because it gives you a chance to tell others, who have read the same book, your thoughts as well as to hear their thoughts and opinions. There is a strength in knowing that you aren't the only person to deal with the issues women talk about when they get together. It's not a self-help kind of thing-- more like a chance to see how others are putting their lives in God's Hands and to see the huge difference a relationship with Him makes! (and by relationship, I mean a close, intimate relationship-- not merely knowing what the Bible says in your HEAD, but believing it and knowing it with all your HEART. Trust me-- huge difference.)

A reason the cookout on Saturday was so great was it gave us a chance to see the songs and stories that inspire people we have never met. We have found our perfect church home in Transformation Church... and the people at the cookout have found their perfect church home in their church. They were welcoming and inviting... and I whole-heartedly enjoyed the time we spent in fellowship with them; but, Transformation is still a perfect fit for me! I don't really know how to put into words what I am trying to say-- words wouldn't do it justice anyway. I grew up in my parents's church... have visited friends churches... have found my perfect church home... and continue to experience other churches when invited. If you haven't found a church that feels like home to you and always leaves you wanting more fellowship and more ways to be involved, please don't stop looking! There are many wonderful churches in this world... but trust me friend, you will know when you are home! Find the church where you can most effectively discover and live your purpose-- by letting God live through you!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I LOVE reading books after Chad. It doesn't happen much-- he has a unique ability to start a book, read a couple chapters, put it down and then never pick it up again. I am not going to call that a gift because I really don't understand how he is able to do that-- but, it is for sure an ability that he possesses. Right now, he is reading, "Hero," "The Traveler's Gift," and, "The Shack." I have read part of, "Hero," and what I have read is great-- but, when I started it I was in the middle of, "Purpose Driven Life," and wanted to finish one before starting with the other. You all know how I feel about, "The Shack." If you don't, it is the best book I have ever read... I am so excited Chad is reading it and I can't wait until he gets to the, "meat," of the story so we can discuss it together! "The Traveler's Gift," is another great book that I am looking forward to discussing with him!

But anyway-- back to the point-- I love reading a book after Chad. Right now I am reading, "Waking the Dead." Chad has read it (and by that I mean he has read a few chapters of it-- never finished). But, the chapters that he did read are full of highlights and notes. I love that! I can read a book, and if he has read it before me, I can also key in on the facts that he found eyeopening and worth making note of. For me, it is a great way to read a book. It is a, "pre-made," discussion, made by Chad and consisting of the things I know for a fact he was inspired by!

If you don't already do so, share books with someone important to you. Talk about them. It's a great way to discover things you might have missed as well as see deep into the heart of the person you are sharing with!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you have paid close attention to the last few posts, I am sure you have seen some of the challenges spread out through them. I am sure you have also noticed that that fitness and nutrition sections have been missing. Once you have established a fitness and nutrition plan, it isn't that difficult to stick to (it just requires discipline). However, matters of the heart go much deeper. Relationships require more attention than fitness and nutrition do. Being healthy is important-- it allows you do live out your purpose. Taking care of your body is also important...your body is a temple to God.

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; your were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."
1 Corinthians 6:19-20 (NIV)

With that being said, I hope you have all been sticking to your fitness and nutrition routines...and even more than that, I hope you have been sticking to them for the RIGHT reasons. The purpose of exercising and feedings your body correctly isn't to conform to the image the world tells you is right... it is to honor God and have a healthy lifestyle so you are better able to fulfill your purpose. I can't tell you what that purpose is... that comes only from God. Develop that relationship and start letting Him transform you.

A key point that really hit home to me yesterday was, "living inside out." Don't focus on changing yourself... focus on growing closer to God and letting HIM transform you!

Live inside out!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm going to end this here-- Chad prefers the post similar to the length of the Mother's Day one...and I could go on and on with my thoughts for a while.

Reflect on your relationships. Where are you spending most of your time? If time equates importance, what is the most important thing in your life?

Make a list of all the things you love and all the things that are important to you. The list is just for you, so don't worry about prioritizing... just get it in writing! When you are feeling down, refer to the list of the things you love and remember everything you have to be thankful for.

And most importantly, develop your relationship with God.... and let Him live through you. Have a relationship that makes others hungry for what you have... be a MISSIONARY in everything you do, no matter where you are!

Again, LIVE INSIDE OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment