Monday, May 23, 2011

Body-Weight Workout. (You'll love it!)

Just to start off... my legs are absolutely killing me today! Chad has started doing a, "Herschel Walker," inspired body-weight workout a couple of times a week. This weekend, I decided to do some of it with him. You really wouldn't think it would be that hard-- it's just your body-weight as resistance... but man, it made me sore (and I love it)! If anyone is looking for an effective workout you can do in your home (with virtually no equipment), try it out!

It consists of: squats, calf raises (that's what got me), crunches and push-ups. Chad did sets of 60-- I did sets of 30. Do the exercises in a circuit. I repeated the circuit 3 times... I have no idea how many he did, but it was a lot more than me. Squat with nothing but your body-weight... use stairs or another raised surface for calf raises (be sure to go all the way down and extend as high on your toes as you can)... do push-ups or modified push-ups depending on your skill-level... and then do your crunches (either on the floor or on a stability ball for a greater range of motion). This workout is great for everyone... You can do it at your home, by yourself and with no equipment! Try it and tell me what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment