Tuesday, February 22, 2011

A Brief Introduction

My name is Erin and I am 24 years old. I grew up in a small town in north Georgia and went to school at Kennesaw State University where I studied Media Studies Communications.

I was blessed enough to grow up in a Christian home with parents, grandparents and friends who have always and still always support me. But, as a lot of teens and young-adults do, I thought I knew more than my parents and thought I could do things my own way (yes, I can be stubborn and hard-headed at times). Yes mom and daddy, y'all have always been right (you told me I would admit that one day).

After college, I followed Chad (my boyfriend) to Fort Mill, South Carolina. The first thing that attracted me to this place (other than the fact that he was here) was the emphasis on family and community involvement. Parks, churches, recreation centers, trails, etc are everywhere you turn in this small town. But naturally, I let life get in the way of my initial vision. Work, finances, stresses and everything else took precedent over getting involved in the community, finding a church to call home and simply enjoying the things Fort Mill has to offer... as well as enjoying the great man I have found in Chad. 

Chad is a chiropractor and the kindest, most giving person I have ever met... His passion for helping people inspired me to take a look at what I was doing with my life and make a change. Yes, I spent years in college studying communications (and I loved it), but there are also other things that I have found important to me. My daddy is a fireman...but has also managed gyms and been a trainer for most of his life. The combination of Chad and my daddy supporting me, and my time spent reflecting on what I want to accomplish in life, led me to the conclusion that I should become a Personal Trainer and do my part to make my community healthier.

I started my personal training course in November 2010 and since then my passion for it has continued to grow.

I came up here on May 5, 2010 and we closed on our house on June 1, 2010. Even with all the positive steps I had made-- and Chad and I had made together-- something was missing.

On February 7, 2011 I completely allowed stress to catch up to and get the best of me. Life in a new place, starting a new office, buying a house, starting a new career path and everything else all added up and I seriously hit rock-bottom. If you know me personally, I am sure you are amazed that I wrote that sentence... I generally do not allow myself to be vulnerable in front of others (and that is another quality I am working on). I called my mom and my sister, talked to my daddy and talked to Chad and after all of that I was still stuck in a pit of self-pity. The next day, I picked up my phone and searched, "Transformation Church." I have seen the signs for the church multiple times; and I cannot logically explain why it was February 8, 2011 that I finally decided to see what it was all about. The website was awesome and even had clips to past sermons-- so I listened to one. Afterwards, I prayed like my life depended on it.... Then, I got out of bed and came to the office with an improved outlook on life. Since then, I have started reading, "The Purpose Driven Life," (a few years after most people read it...) and have gotten back to turning to prayer and my Bible when life throws me a curve ball.

Chad has been completely supportive (as always) through the changes God is making in my life. We have attended Transformation Church for two services now (both Sundays since I looked it up online) and we have both started making it a point to take time out for God and for each other.

I am in no way an expert on the Word of God.... and I will constantly be a student and will daily learn more. The same with training--- no matter what I know now, I will always continue to expand my knowledge.

If you choose to follow this blog, I hope my story and my journey to become a better me can also inspire you to become a better you.

I will include fitness tips, wellness tips, nutrition tips as well as Bible verses, knowledge I gain in my readings and experiences... and then end the entry with a challenge or a point to reflect on.

Again, I am not an expert... Simply a girl finding a higher purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment